메뉴 건너뛰기

잡담 하뉴 인터뷰 (spnavi)_ 영문번역
278 0
2017.04.24 00:10
278 0

https://sports.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201704210006-spnavi?p=1

A very good interview after WTT, kindly translated by gladiolusc@GS:

--Hanyu, landing 3 quads in second half "is leading to confidence"--

Q: In review of your performance in the free skate...
A: With the feeling that I’ll try a little harder, I was able to cleanly execute the 4S combo that’s been problematic throughout the entire season. Thinking that I’m definitely doing the 4T today, for the first time in competition I landed a 4T+1Lo+3S combination. More or less, I was somehow able to make the form and execute the jump, so to a certain extent I’m satisfied.

Q: What adjustments did you make for the free skate, in response to the SP results?
A: Although I told myself that this isn’t a competition with combined SP and FS scores, at WC my SP was 10 points from the top, and this time it was 20 points from the top. When I considered about the number of points I really needed to update my personal best, I laughed when the thought came up that it might be necessary to even do the 4Lz. I spent the season just receiving power from everyone, and, now I finally feel like I was able to channel that power for myself in my skating.

Q: What sort of Hanyu-senshu do you intend to show us next season?
A: Today I tried doing three quads in the second half for the first time in a competition, I’m happy about that. Also, what I did this time—ending with a triple axel—after 3 quads into the second half (for a total of 5 quads - landed 4 of them), wasn’t something I had done in practice at all. In that sense, I think I really need more stamina.

Q: You seemed cautious about the quad loop at the start. But the thought of “let’s do a second half quad” also came up, so… were there any changes in how you felt/thought during the performance?
A: My goal for (free skate) today was to give a performance on the same level as what I gave at WC, but at the same time in my mind I strongly felt that I wanted to challenge something. The task I set myself was to properly execute the second half 4S combo, and land two 4T’s in the second half. So that was my ultimate goal this time... although there was also the thought to jump cleanly the first half, and I didn’t do the Biellmann... and that, although I did pour emotions into the steps, I was more controlled. Without exerting any control, I had accidentally entered the zone during WC. (Today) I performed my free program, experimenting with entering the zone while exerting control instead.

Q: When did you decide you were doing 5 quads? And, you had a happy-looking expression on your face at the end of your performance, what were your feelings?
A: Out of the two salchows, I popped one, so actually it was only four. But challenging five, and fulfilling the goal of properly landing three in the second half, in that sense I felt really happy. As you might expect, the thought of “let’s do 5-quad layout” came up because I felt very regretful after the short, I couldn’t really sleep and I was doing image training until 3 and 4am. At that point, I thought “well if I’m feeling so regretful, to such an extent, then let’s do one more quad”… that was how I decided. In the actual run, I popped the first half salchow, so while I was doing my spin, I wondered if I should do six quads… but I would feel guilty/apologetic if I were to force through it like this and ruin the completeness of the program as a result, so for the time being I decided to go for another 3A instead.

Q: How does the fact that you did 3 quads in the second half tie in with what you’ll do in the future?
A: I’ve always said since before the start of the season, I wanted to raise my average. When considering recovery plans (after missing a jump), the fact that I did 3 quads in the second half gives me the confidence that it is possible for me. Also, I was able to execute the second half salchow and toe loop with first-half quality, so probably I can challenge second half quads with the composure/belief that it’s well within my abilities.

Q: From your steps, it looked like your body felt heavy, was it because you were thinking about the second half?
A: From the beginning, I’ve been thinking I would put in three quads in the second half, in that sense, I was conscious of the need to control my stamina. But, in a way, I think expression like this and steps like this are acceptable and all right.

Q: In 4CC too, you challenged five quads because of an earlier pop. Deciding to do 5 quads right from the start, and ending up challenging five quads in a recovery attempt, do they feel any different?
A: Feelings wise, maybe not so much. The reward in this competition is 3 quads in the second half. I did 2 in 4CC first half, and wasn't able to complete the always problematic 4S in second half. In this sense, my sense of accomplishment is very different.

Q: What you challenged today, are you thinking that you would do three quads in the second half next season as well?
A: Firstly, after WC, I practiced this layout a little bit in training. Actually, to do this with the level of quality at WC would be difficult, as one would expect. But being able to execute 3 quads nicely, followed by 4Tlo3S which I landed somehow, despite not having that much time to train and diminishing stamina, means that when I need to get as many extra points possible, this is a layout I can use as weapon.

Q: You said you were doing image training in the middle of the night, what images were you conjuring?
A: When I close my eyes, the quad loop in the SP was etched in my mind and all I could think of. What I saw, what is seen on TV, what the fans were seeing… all these were etched in my mind. Every time it comes up in my head, I wake and can’t go back to sleep… But, it’s exactly because I was feeling such regret, and because it’s WTT, that I was able to pull off this drastic performance.

Q: Are you considering a five-quad program for next season too?
A: I’m still thinking… but it is something I have to consider. What I can conclude today, is that, the 4S3T and 4T felt like first-half jumps for me. With this quality, I can definitely say, finally I'm able to do second half jumps "that are like me”.

Q: Were you tired by the time of the last axel?
A: Considering a perfect performance, had I not failed the first half salchow, I wouldn’t have attempted the last triple axel. Surely because I haven’t trained in that sense, I ended up getting tired. But, even though it was a competition, that became good training.

Q: You exerted yourself?
A: Hmm. I thought about many different entries… going directly into 3A from Ina Bauer? 3A after 1 mohawk? Or spread eagle entry? Whatever it is, my plan was to do the hardest option possible. Since we’ve come to this stage anyway, then let's go for very hard challenges, so that I can smile and be happy to the very last moment.

Q: Did you feel like you didn't have energy left in the end, or.....?
A: If I were mentally focused, actually, I feel I definitely could have done (even the Axel). But as I said earlier, I was a little consumed by thoughts. I attempted the jump while feeling insecure about it being something I had never challenged before. From this perspective, it was that I had let anxiety taken over rather than stamina issues. But it was very good training.

(thank you very much, gladiolusc!!!)
https://sports.yahoo.co.jp/colu…/detail/201704210006-spnavi…

목록 스크랩 (0)
댓글 0
댓글 더 보기
새 댓글 확인하기

번호 카테고리 제목 날짜 조회
이벤트 공지 [💚KREAM x 더쿠💚] 덬들의 위시는 현실이 되..🌟 봄맞이 쇼핑지원 이벤트🌺 492 04.24 28,129
공지 ▀▄▀▄▀【필독】 비밀번호 변경 권장 공지 ▀▄▀▄▀ 04.09 555,918
공지 공지접기 기능 개선안내 [📢4월 1일 부로 공지 접힘 기능의 공지 읽음 여부 저장방식이 변경되어서 새로 읽어줘야 접힙니다.📢] 23.11.01 3,020,582
공지 비밀번호 초기화 관련 안내 23.06.25 3,814,242
공지 ◤더쿠 이용 규칙◢ 20.04.29 20,311,157
공지 성별관련 공지 (언급금지단어 필수!! 확인) 16.05.21 21,304,499
공지 알림/결과 💙🧸하뉴 유즈루 카테고리 인구 조사(기한 없음)🧸💙 72 22.02.28 6,511
공지 알림/결과 💙 🧸하뉴 유즈루 추천 경기영상 모음🧸 💙 34 22.02.25 8,230
모든 공지 확인하기()
4845 스퀘어 2024년 하뉴의 새해 인사💙⛸️ 3 01.01 1,009
4844 잡담 하뉴가 행복했으면 좋겠어. 2 23.11.22 1,368
4843 잡담 올해도 하뉴 생카한대!!! 2 23.11.21 1,175
4842 잡담 어제 cgv에서 라이브뷰잉 본 덬들 있니? 3 23.11.05 1,302
4841 잡담 하뉴 새 공연한다 2 23.09.01 1,671
4840 스퀘어 🆕 설기정 미야비 키 비주얼 2 23.08.23 1,647